Wednesday, May 15, 2013

10 Minute Craft Dash #18

Ok peeps this is as good as it get in under 10 minutes with me. Seriously I DO NOT know how anyone can do as much as they do and share over at the 10mcd. I mean it took me 5 minutes JUST to put my umbrella together and I was hurrying. HA!
So here is what I think ...I think some people must have all their die cuts finished and assembled, their layout already figured out in their heads, paper picked, images pre stamped and maybe even made the card before! I'm calling all you fancy shmancy under 10 min card makers out! So there!!!! I'm not buying it! (at least this is what I have to tell myself to feel better) I even cheated a little with this simple card and had my papers out before I started and still this was my best card in under 10 min.
Usually it takes me about 1 hour to 2 hours per card if you can believe that.
I took a before and after pic of my work area too! Just so you could see what I started with. Either way I adore this challenge and I'm just giving all you talented crafters a hard time because I am in awe over the amazing cards you create in 10 min...Allegedly....wink wink. Ok maybe I'm just a little jealous they are so FAST! How in the world do you girls do it? Is there a trick?


The other great thing with the "DASH" is that besides just getting my booty in gear the color combos are always intriguing and challenging. I think even to use the color combos on a 
normal 2 hour card is fun! Just saying. 

My Time on this was 9min 34sec


The sentiment says-(in case you can't read it the ink is so faint)
"Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain!"


Here is before 

And....
AFTER
Not too messy



You have plenty of time to play along with us!!! Here is the link for you. 

I USED
PTI Papers Lavender Moon, Lemon Tart, 
Spring Moss, Smokey Shadow and White
PTI ink in Spring Moss

If I can inspire just one person today I have done my job! 
 XOXO SugarGem

4 comments:

  1. Awww! This is SO cute. I love it.
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at the 10 Minute Craft Dash - I hope to see you there again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Lenae!
    A couple of "tricks" I keep up my sleeve are -
    Use a pre-made 6 x 4 inch white cardstock base for the card - even if I add another colour on top, I know exactly what size I need to cut it - and every second saved counts!
    I always make sure I have a clear idea/sketch to use for my card, including what colours I think I will use where.
    If I am using die cuts, I cut all the same coloured shapes in one pass through the die cutting machine - then add the next coloured sheet of paper and cut all those shapes in one pass etc (kind of like an assembly line!) and make sure I keep a safety pin handy to help remove the coloured paper from the die cuts quickly.
    When I use foam to pop dot on my Dash cards I use the foam tape on a roll and peel off the backing BEFORE I cut it so that I can whack the tape straight onto my card and don't have to fiddle to remove the backing tape afterwards.
    Hope these tips help with your next 10 Minute Craft Dash :) Hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lyndal is totally on top of this.... glad she gave you tips! I also have some Tips & Tricks listed on my blog- it's the drop down under "Craft Dash".

    This card is beautiful! I am absolutely in love with this umbrella and am fairly certain I would actually use this one, if it existed. (Seeing as I'm from Seattle, I'm used to rain and never use an umbrella)

    You did a fantastic job with this color palette, Lenae. Thank you for playing along in the 10 Minute Craft Dash. Feel free to enter once more in this challenge, if you'd like! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card...perfect for a washingtonian:)

    ReplyDelete