Friday, April 19, 2013

Runway Inspired Challenge No 34

This weeks RIC #34 really spoke to me. 
At first I fell in love with the black. Black is actually my favorite color. Even more than pink. I don't really craft with black much because I always think cards need to be more cheerful, but in my day to day life black is my fave. I've had black carpet and  black curtains (at different times) before when I was younger. Not gothic black, but posh clean black.
After I saw the black I next fell in love with the flowers and I thought for sure I was going to do something with flowers. 

Tonight when I actually sat down to make something I looked at the photo one more time and it hit me like a ton of bricks. It was the flowers across her waist like they were reaching for each other. Then I visioned my card in my mind. It made me think of this week and all the horrible things happening in the United States. From the Boston Marathon bombings to the Fertilizer Plant explosion. When I watching the videos the thing that really touched me was how many people rushed in towards the explosions to help the injured. This was really eye opening to me to see how brave people are and that there are still people who care. There are angels among us.  It gave me hope.



While finishing my post today I received a phone call about a family friend. She had a horrible stroke a few days ago and the family has just been informed that their mother is brain dead. My heart goes out to their family and all the families that have been affected by this weeks tragic events. 

SugarGem

10 comments:

  1. Love the theme and design! It's so perfect in a time like this! And better yet, your take on the runway photo is truly FABULOUS!! So glad that you join the fun with us at Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the shout out over Runway Inspired Challenge Facebook page! Thanks for sharing your talent with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful inspiration for your beautiful card! It really gave me a chill, as I am feeling so raw about all the tragedy and loss...thanks for looking at it from a positive perspective...your card is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your card, very unique and catchy =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lenae, your card really captures such strong emotion. It is gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I missed your card over at RIC, Lenae, and I'm so happy that you received a Fabulous Fashionista for your amazing rendition. This is a heart-felt, honest, and moving card. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HOLY crap Lenae, you made THIS card.... I never will forget this card..I commented back then too...

    ReplyDelete