Saturday, February 16, 2013

Tissue Paper Fringe Tutorial

Finally had a little time to whip this tutorial up for you on how I created the fringe for this card.


What you will need-
Tissue paper
Scissors  
Stapler.

1. Cut 3 strips of tissue paper -Same length and same width.Size depends on what you will be making. I usually make mine longer and wider to begin with because I can always trim it down later. Or save the excess for another project.
NOTE-They do not have to be cut perfect so don't worry about getting perfectly straight lines. 

 2. Layer all 3 strips on top of each other.
 3. Fold all 3 layered strips in half length wise.
 4. Staple close to fold in the middle and both ends. 
This just holds the strips together and makes it easier to cut in the next step.
 Here is a close up of  where I place the staple.
 5. Cut fringe.  You can cut the fringe in any width. I prefer about 1/8"-1/4".
  The more even they are the better it looks too. 
 6. Scrunch and fluff with hands until you are happy with your fringe.
  I try and hold the folded side with one hand then scrunch with my other hand. 

Last I adhere double sided tape to my project, then gently adhere the tissue to the adhesive (the folded side). You don't want to put your adhesive directly on your tissue paper because it will rip. 
I like to use my ATG adhesive. 
Easy Peasy!


If I can inspire just one person today I have done my job! 
 XOXO SugarGem


3 comments:

  1. Awesome...thanks for the tut!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cool. I've never seen this or a tutorial so I will definitely be filing this away. Gosh...this will be great for soooo many projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the MIL is doing OK...Lord knows I have spent my fair share of time in the hospital getting my husband fixed again....he was broken.. (Well, ok, it was the back)...now home recuperating and me running in all different directions

    ReplyDelete