Thursday, January 31, 2013

Clean and Simple Class Homework Day 3

Today I had some time to actually play around and do my homework for my Clean and Simple Class that I WON from Our Change of Art!!! Wahoo I never win anything so this was way cool and made my whole week! I know I will be taking more of these classes in the future because so far the tips are incredible!
I really loved the layout of the card I decided to work with that Jennifer taught on day 3. It really inspired me. I was suppose to try a new technique with gradient stamping which included mixing my inks.....I just can't bring myself to do this. I am so obsessive about keeping my tools and everything neat and clean,  so I tried doing a gradient with paper instead.
I like how it turned out, but something I have an issue with are my paper edges. It seems like it depends on  geographic location. What do I mean by this you ask???? When I am in Western Washington where it is wet and rainy my paper edges NEVER seem to lay flat, (drives me Nuts) but when I am in Eastern Washington where it is dry my paper lays better. So weird.  I also got to play with my new Lil Inker Dies I received yesterday....It was PERFECT timing I couldn't believe it!!!
This first card is more clean and simple....
This 2nd card was just an after thought using my left over scraps and another mini bow die that I was Die-ing to use....
I also used one of my favorite stamp sets from My Creative Time



Okay and this is my last card.... I just had to change it up and make it a little more my style. This one is not really clean and simple, but I just love these papers from Crate Paper Fourteen Collection (You might want to email Pumpkin Spice she might still have some left for a good price) I had to make this card using that paper it is so yummy.
The Thanks stamp was a gift from my sweet crafting friend for Christmas. I LOVE it.



Off to to do more homework. 
Catch ya later.

If I can inspire just one person today I have done my job! 
 XOXO SugarGem



5 comments:

  1. LOOOOVE those bows-- I must get this bow die!! FUN cards! I esp. love the extra tall one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both the cards are lovely. I get into a CAS wave at times and right now...haha I enjoyed your comment about not being able to blend your inks wanting to stay clean and organized...haha However, it is like you said, you went in a different direction by using papers instead.....great idea. I have trouble blending different colors when using copics...I still have trouble. Again, the cards are so pretty and several people will be the lucky recipicants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you shared this on our Facebook page. What a gorgeous design!!! I'm glad you're enjoying your Bow Die!
    Laura
    Lil' Inker Designs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of your cards! You are so very creative and have a great eye for things! I'm a new fan. :)

    ReplyDelete