Saturday, April 21, 2012

Runway Inspired No.10 -Interactive Fun

Hi everyone! It seems like I have been gone for ......ever! I got some play time in today and wanted to share this ultra clean and simple interactive card I made for this weeks RIC#10! I was honored last week as Queen of Couture! This was my first challenge win! I was so excited!

 Let me tell you today's project might look clean and simple, but it was messy and detailed! This card took forever. The mechanism was not as easy as I thought, but I had to keep redoing pieces because they wouldn't cut straight or I would get a spot of glue somewhere it did not belong. So when you see clean and simple know that it is not as simple as you may think. I think it takes much much longer than fancy cards.










The sentiment reads "YOU need to remember to never, give up."

Hope you are having a beautiful weekend! Thank you for stopping by! 

If I can inspire just one person today I have done my job!
XOXO SugarGem

14 comments:

  1. Umm I NEED details on how to make this card!!! You are rocking all these interactive cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card looks amazing, so it was worth the time and mess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you Lenae :) knowing that CAS card is real challenging and I love what you have created here, simply perfect and neat :) Congrats on your winning and looking forward to see you continuing joining us over Runway Inspired Challenge!

    :) Angeline

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I know where you got your gift card for SSS ,-)) Congrats!! Which brand is that stamp set you used?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I know where you got your gift card from SSS ,-)) Congrats! Which brand is that stamp set you used on this card?

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG - that is the coolest thing I have ever seen! Love the almost black on black. This is so original - clever you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How amazing and super cool is this???!!! What creativity and LOVE your use of the colors....the spot of orange in your sentiment...BRILLIANT:)!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lenae, I am totally drawn to the bright and shiny slider, and I HAVE to borrow your sentiment idea..the orange peeking through is so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is STUNNING!!! Love that jumbo gold chevron!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is so clever and graphically interesting. I love the tone on tone look of the you. The gold is perfect too, especially since it is interactive

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just happened to be going through the winner's list over on the Runway Inspired Challenge blog and stumbled upon this beauty. Wow, it's regal (never thought I'd use that description for a card, but man it fits!!), elegant, clean but anything but simple. I think your CAS card's acronym should be changed from Clean and Simple to Clean and SUBTLE because it has tons of detail-- the vibrant orange peeking through, the dimension achieved through your layered die-cut "you" and the interactive element. The difference? Your card is not yelling at us with a microphone, "Hey look at me, I'm over here, look at me!!,". Rather, your card is like the subtle but breathtaking painting hanging at the Louvres, where each time you look at it, you love it even more. Yep, a veritable piece of art and amazingly timeless because over 2 years later from the date of this post and the card is still relevant and trendy! Well done...just my humble albeit gushing opinion :)!

    ReplyDelete