Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Another EGG-scuse for chocolate!

Oh my goodness I love that sentiment from the new My Thoughts Exactly Easter Greetings set. I finally got to use my own SVG file. I made the zipper SVGs, but had not yet made something myself with them except test cuts. I pulled out my basket and egg punch I got a zillion years ago that I just love for Easter! Plus I used the Echo Park Springtime Paper collection that I can't get enough of. I am excited to see what Echo Park comes up with this year.
I took pictures before I actually assembled the card because I wanted you to be able to see what was hiding under the zipper! The whole sentiment reads "Wishing you a happy EASTER for....Another EGG-scuse for chocolate!" Doesn't that make you smile? I just love it! And with part of the sentiment hidden under the zipper to surprise someone I love it even more!

 Before I adhered the pieces together.
 Just the top portion
 Sentiment under the Zipper
 Close up of the cute ribbon and eggs
 Final assembly
 Final assembly with a close up of stamping. Do you see you I stamped the "Wishing" I stamped it one time on the blue paper then again onto the pink piece. This was a bit tricky to line up, but I finally got it after a few attempts! I like the way it turned out.
Full picture of final assembly.

Because I am actually going to give this to someone as an Easter card I didn't unzip the zipper. It is really hard holding back from unzipping it though. I really want to..... almost like popping bubble wrap. It's hard to say no!

If you are scratching your head and wondering what I am talking about, here is a picture of the zipper being unzipped. I made 4 different styles of zipper SVG's that you can buy right here.

Ok that's it for today! Thanks for stopping by and as always thank you so much for taking the time to comment I always love reading your comments!

If I can inspire just one person today I have done my job!
XOXO SugarGem


3 comments:

  1. So cute!!!!! I love the Springtime collection from EP :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous...just bought it! ;) Hugs x

    ReplyDelete