Saturday, January 7, 2012

Pumpkin Spice January Blog Hop

Welcome to our January Pumpkin Spice Blog Hop! If you are here from Carissa's blog you are in the right spot!
I am super excited for our first blog hop with our new 2012 Design Team! The theme this month is "Your Style"!
I would say my style is Clean and Simple 3D Sweet Surprise! (whatever that means) I love Clean and Simple and I love incorporating 3D or a quirky surprise.

So here is the story behind this project. Because if you don't know me there is always a story behind all my projects... A friend of mine was looking for a tea dispenser box SVG and could not find one, so I made her one. I am not a big coffee drinker, but I love tea so this really fits for me personally too! I wanted to make a little gift for a sweet friend so I finally had an excuse to make my tea box! 

And here is the Truly Yours Tea Box.

Isn't that paper cool? Everytime I think Echo Park can't possibly get any better they DO! I would say that last year's Echo Park Be Mine collection is what really got me into blogging and what helped me find Pumpkin Spice. So using this years Yours Truly Collection is absolutley perfect to make a complete circle for our first 2012 DT Blog Hop Project.
Plus aren't those roses darling too? A very special friend special ordered the die for me from Pumpkin Spice! They are so easy to make!  I so love that die. I put a link below to order it if you like them!

This next picture just shows you how I put it all together to give this as a gift. Because I designed the box to just be open on the bottom I wrapped some tissue paper around the tea bags so they can't fall out when I give this to her! Here is a picture of what that looks like.



And before I get too far along!
Blog Hop Lineup!
Products I used are-
I made the cute roses from an awesome die I received from a sweet
friend that Special Ordered it at Pumpkin Spice. You can too!!!
Felt from my stash.

 MORE
EXCITING NEWS
 Pumpkin Spice is introducing *new card and scrapbook kits this year. This
month the theme will be Love and Valentines Day the kit is called "Fun Love".  June will be showcasing the kit this month for Pumpkin Spice! Take a peek below at all the goodies!!!
Kit includes
January Kit “Fun Love”
1 – MME “Fun Day” 6 x 6 paper pad
... 1 – MME “Love Me” 6 x 6 paper pad
1 – Rangers Stickles
4 – Paper Accents “Smooth White” 8 ½ x 11 sheets of Cardstock
4 – Bazzill “Kraft” 8 ½ x 11 sheets of Cardstock
3 – yards Twinery “Stone” Twine
1 – yard Red Twill
1 – yard Tan Twill
1 – 18” length of Pearl Flower Lace/Ribbon
3 – 4” paper doilies
1 – Set of button mixture
1 – MME Alpha sticker set (Lime Twist)
5 – MME Journal/Frame/Die Cut Cards (Lime Twist/So Sophie)
3 – Jenni Bowlin Valentine mini Bingo Cards
3 - Petaloo color Me Crazy™ Floral Crocheted Flowers
4 – Echo Park 6 x 6 sheets (Style Essentials/Winter Park)

Thank you for joining us today in our first 2012 Blog Hop!!!
Ok next on the hop is Diana.

If I can inspire just one person today I have done my job!
XOXO SugarGem

25 comments:

  1. I have been wanting to make one of these too...but you beat me to it, sweet Lenae :) Yours is lovely, of course, and wonderful inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool project! I love those flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! I LOVE, Love, Love your felt flowers!! ~Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I just love this!! I love your paper and the flowers are beautiful. And I'm just loving the tea box. I drink tea too - so this would be something perfect for my home too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute project! Great way to store that tea! New follower!
    :)Amy
    http://amyscraftingspace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely paper, lovely flowers and lovely project. I am sure your friend will appreciate it.
    Thanks for the inspiration!
    Vivi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful flowers and what a great idea!
    janiceaeschliman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea what a lovely way to store the tea.
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. eeekkkk... so cute! I love the Tea dispenser.
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  10. The paper is AWESOME and that flower is fabulous! Great project:)
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a tea person too! We just moved into our new place and I dedicated a WHOLE shelf to tea and it's still not fitting!!! :) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful tea box, great job! Love that paper and those flowers!!
    Crafty Hugs,
    Pendra
    pendrasplace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This will come in handy when I want to give my dear friend who loves tea so much!! Thanks for the idea!

    Hugs,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it you are so good.
    Linda
    lmkindell1@verizon.net
    lindashappyplace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning,great idea and love the colours and flowers!!
    Hugs
    Tracy
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh this is such a great idea! i have lots of tea drinking friends...gonna try my hand at this. :) thanks for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have inspired me today. I love the tea box. What is the name of the die for the flower? Was it a special design just of you? Thank for sharing all the details. This is a wonderful creations.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Linda the die just says 3D flower, but if you contact Denine she will know exactly which one to order because she ordered this one. I think there are 2 different ones and she knows which.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very pretty and functional!

    Tina
    aurathentic@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh wow!! I love the cluster of flowers!! GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This box is so cute. Thanks. Are your SVG's able to be hand cut? I don't have a computer cutting program.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I asked a question about your SVGS but left no info.
    marg0006verizon.net

    ReplyDelete