Thursday, December 15, 2011

Need Tags? My Thoughts Exactly Inspiration Thursday!

Hi crafters! Today is My Thoughts Exactly inspiration time! I used the new Holly Jolly Tags set for today's projects!  (Just in case you missed the memo, these are compatible with svg files that come with the sets!!! They are AMAZING)
Is everyone ready for Christmas and the Holidays? I have a confession to make, I haven't even put up a tree this year! I did put up a cute little mini tree in my craft room(take a look below), but that is all! shhhh don't tell anyone. I have however been going crazy with my new stamps from My Thoughts Exactly! These are so fun and easy! The first two cards are mini 3"x3" cards for gift bags or boxes! The first one is my favorite! I know I have mentioned this before, but in case you are new to SugarGem I love glitter and embossing powder. I realized last week that I had not been using enough! This post is full of glitter....so much it might even get on you through your computer....you have been warned!!!

 These are all super simple, but I hope this shows how darn cute these are basically by themselves with just a little bling! It doesn't take much to make a WOW! The red is my favorite red glitter embossing powder! For those of you that don't like the mess of glitter this is the thing for you!
 Next I wanted to try the vintage look with these tags. I haven't seen anyone do this yet. Most of you know I struggle with the vintage style. I love the look, but have the hardest time creating anything vintage. But after making these I had an AHA moment. Just adding some stickles to the top really makes the vintage style pop for me! I think that is what I have been missing. The glitter adds the SugarGem!




Before I say goodbye for today I would love to know what YOUR favorite holiday decoration is? You know that one decoration you pull out every year from the box that makes you smile from ear to ear! Mine is this little mini lime green tree my mom gave me with pink ornaments! It's so funky, but so my style with feathers, bling and all!!!! And I don't know if you can see it, but my newest addition is a PINK CUPCAKE SANTA ornament my sweetest crafting friend Julia gave me!!!! She knows me all to well! :)

Here is a link to the Youtube video Alyssa did from My Thoughts Exactly showing you how to use the stamps with the SVG files just in case you were wondering! ;)
Too-da-loo!
If I can inspire just one person today I have done my job!
XOXO SugarGem

5 comments:

  1. Love your little tree! I really like Alyssa's stamps with the kraft paper. They look great, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love everything that you made! Such pretty tags - the vintage look is really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lenae, I really love the stickles on the vintage-esque cards....it makes them look modern! (hmm...how can something be modern and vintage? I'm not too sure, but I like it!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love LOVE these lady! I especially love the vintage-y ones :D You rock like always ;)

    ReplyDelete