Saturday, October 1, 2011

My Thoughts Exactly October Stamp Release

That's right! It is RELEASE DAY at My Thoughts Exactly!!!!
It's my favorite day of the month!

Whoa! Was the first thing that came to mind when I received the new My Thoughts Exactly Stamps. They are incredible! There are two new sets being released for Halloween. Fright Night Phrases and Ghostly Greetings. The two sets compliment each other and can be mixed and matched together! If you are new to My Thoughts Exactly stamps you probably don't know that they are interchangeable. You can create your own phrases. But if you are like me and not good at coming up with your own creative phrases then don't worry because they come with cheat sheets.
Here is just an example of some phrases-
You get the words
BOO and FRIGHT
These are compatible with

-It's a BOO-tiful Night or FRIGHT Night
Have a BOO-tiful Night
You're so BOO-tiful to me 
The BOO Crew   The FRIGHT crew

The Fright Night Phrases collection has over 41 phrases and that is just what's on the cheat sheet! The stamps are designed so the words line up easily and tightly together!
The stamps are high quality photo polymer and stamp beautifully. I promise you will LOVE them! I have been having so much fun playing with them I seriously haven't put them down since I got them in my hands.

Today I made a little peek a boo card to share with you. The idea of the card is to open and close. Almost like a shadow box/pop up card, but sideways. You just hold the sides of the card and squeeze open and close.

Fright Night Phrases

Ghostly Greetings




Here it is CLOSED!

Here it is OPEN

Here is a Youtube video with easy directions.

Don't forget to check out my fellow DT members projects too! 
Alyssa: mythoughtsexactly.co
Bee: dare2beecreative.blogspot.com
Bee (B...elinda): beeshiveofdrama.blogspot.com
Jennifer ourchangeofart.blogspot.com

Jessica: craftyrktsci.blogspot.com
Thienly: modpaperie.blogspot.com

You can find all the links and tons of inspiration right here! If you would like to purchase the new sets you can get each for $15 or My Thoughts Exactly is offering BOTH sets for ONLY $25! Plus that includes taxes and shipping! Pretty amazing don't ya think?

I will be giving away a $5 gift card to one random lucky person to the My Thoughts Exactly store. All you need to do is leave a comment on my blog. I would love it if you wanted to become a new follower, but that is not a requirement!  I will draw a name on Monday, October 3rd! Don't forget to check back.

Papers I used are from Best Creation Inc. Happy Haunting 6x6 glitter pad. I love this set! It even has little die cuts in the set!

Oh YEAH and for the record, yes, that is purple HAND stitching on the side! I caved and bought the Sew Easy. I like it, but I don't know how to do the cross stitch yet and that is what I REALLY wanted on the card. Guess I need to learn. I got mine from Pumpkin Spice. I don't see it available in the store, but if you want to get one I am pretty sure if you email Denine at Pumpkin Spice you can get one. I got a really good deal on mine and I think she has some available.

And last, but not least don't forget to check back tomorrow for the release of my Pumpkin Spice Featured Artist kit and another awesome giveaway! Eeek! Thanks for stopping bye and thank you so much for taking the time to comment!



If I can inspire just one person today I have done my job.
XOXO SugarGem

17 comments:

  1. I am in love with your purple stitching! It really adds a fun element to your already-amazing project! And the dimension is just fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I need to try a card like that. Oh and the Sew Easy rocks!!! I have to look up directions on the stitch in order to get it right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, that's another idea I have to snag! Great card, love your creativity.

    adonijah73 at gmail dot com
    Happy Card Encouragement Factory

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card! I love my sew easy but don't use it often enough. If you still have the packages from the heads there are 'directions' on the back showing how to do the various stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is not just a card, that is ART ,-)) Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for featuring such a fun card and for the link for directions because I can see that I would need them!!!
    jejaeb (at) cfl (dot) rr (dot) com
    scrappinana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So freaking CUTE! This is something I would decorate with!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is wonderful! A lot of time and detail.
    Whoever receives this is getting something very special.
    KristaInMN at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card, love the purple stitching and the dimension and depth of the card. And I love interactive cards. Thanks for sharing and the chance to win.

    kimba at richhook dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really pretty! It reminds me a little of a theatre or something--I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW I am blown away - I love this popup! So cute and so clever! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an awesome card, love the video, will definitely have to make one of these!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun card. It's fabulous. Love that stitching all around. TFS

    Babe
    youiesmom@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a cute card. Love the stitching all around. TFS

    Babe
    youiesmom@att.net

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful pop-up card idea!! Thanks so much for sharing! I love the black and purple and the hand stitching! So adorable! I am a new follower and I believe we will be in a hop together in November! Look forward to seeing more of your work! Melanie
    mfink197 at gmail dot com
    http://inlovewithabug.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cute card, and love the purple stitching touch! This kind of card gives such great dimension - gotta try making one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lenae.. that is super cute. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete