Tuesday, September 27, 2011

No PINK and No Cupcakes! WHAT?


Is she not the cutest little girl ever? In case you missed my original post of Sister Stamps you can find it here with all the links and information.
I pre-ordered Ayako when I was in Hawaii and I finally received her last week and had a chance to play the other day! I decided you might be a little sick of my pink and cupcake obsession so I thought I would step outside my comfort zone and make something with some different colors than I normally use.
I absolutely LOVE her! When I was little I had some rice paper fans and rice paper umbrellas my mom gave me from Japan. Not only did I love playing with them, but I can distinctly remember the smell of them. They have a certain fragrance that I haven't EVER smelled before. It must be from the wood they use. It is intoxicating to me and brings back so many happy memories. I think that's why I chose Ayako!

I finally got to use my Stella Rose papers so I made this card for my Pumpkin Spice Design Team project!! . You can find the papers at my favorite store Pumpkin Spice!  I love the colors, but they are not what I normally gravitate towards. But I still love them.  I really had to challenge myself on this one. I am sure I will be doing one with pink soon. lol

I also used Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels Nine and Standard Circles. Did you know that you can special order Spellbinders now? Aren't you excited???? I am!!!!
If I can inspire just one person today I have done my job!
XOXO SugarGem

4 comments:

  1. No, I love your cupcake obsession!!! LOL But I love this card too. I have a anything Asian obsession too. I only used to decorate if it was Asian influence. When I married my husband, his mother had a beautiful 15" tall Geisha in a glass case complete with umbrella. I would stare at her for hours. She was left to me whenever my m-i-l passes away but sadly when she moved the doll and case broke. *sniff*

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've gotten really good at these colorings! Awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your memories of your childhood. You did a great job with Ayako!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I can't believe you colored that in, it looks like a professional graphic! I love the paper, the stamp and the entire design....LOVE love love!

    ReplyDelete