Thursday, August 25, 2011

Some Not So Happy News

Aloha Everyone!
Today I have some sad news to share with you. Sharon at RSMobley Designs has decided to stop selling her files. She has let all of the DT members go. I want to send out a big thank you to her and my team members. Sharon was my first design team and I am so grateful for her giving me a chance!

Everything is ok with her, but after a lot of changes going on in the crafting world she has decided that she wants to have more time for her personal crafting and time with her family and new grand baby. Many of you that don't make SVG's or cutting files might not know how many hours we put into each design and that it can take up most of your life! I completely understand how exhausting it can be and I wish her all the best and hope that she starts creating very soon!

All of you know I am in Hawaii and I premade many projects to share with you while I am here. I made 2 projects using Sharon's files for the design team and I want to share those with you today as my farewell projects to Sharon!

First I designed this dispenser box. I have purchased dispenser boxes before, but they were all too small for what I really wanted and was a bit disappointed really. I wanted something larger that would be nice for an office desk candy dispenser or even larger candies. Here is what I came up with. Let me know what you think and I will make it available if you all like it when I get back home.! :) The strawberries and flowers are Sharon's files.




I used the DCWV Nana's Nursery Girl collection for my dispenser box.
Itty Bitty tip- I prefer the DCWV for projects like this because it is more sturdy and lasts longer!

My second project I used Sharon's little rubber ducky file to create a little box to hold some goodies for my grandma. I put bubbles and Lemon heads inside for her because those are both a favorite of hers.

Really is there anyone who doesn't like rubber duckies? They are just too darn cute!


Thank you so much Sharon! :)

Don't forget to tell me whether you like the dispenser or not! :)
Thank you everyone for stopping bye today! Mahalo!

If I can inspire just one person today I have done my job!
XOXO SugarGem

P.S. The blog will be under construction for a while until I figure out what I like! :)

15 comments:

  1. It's so sad that she's leaving the biz, she obviously has great talent....This is a darling project! The strawberries are way cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the dispenser, no...I LOVE IT! I'm a sucker for rubber duckies, they are just so darn cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, how cute is that? I love your dispenser box. It turned out sooooo darn cute. And the duck is so sweet. Great stuff again! thanks for all your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to see Sharon retire but I truly understand. That is one of the reasons I quit teaching papercraft classes....no time left for being a grandma and doing my own things.

    I love the projects! They are soooo cute. That dispenser box it wonderful. I need to make one in a masculine version for my grandson. He just moved into the dorm today...starting college. It would be so fun to make one in the school colors and fill it with treats for his desk. Please do post it. Thanks for sharing. I hope you are having fun. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lenae, first, it is amazing that you got all this done before you left and two, they are both adorable. I really really like the box, and the strawberries and awesome!!!

    My best to Sharon, while I don't "create" to the degree that she does, I do understand how it can take over all your time.

    Have a good day girl! Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lenae,

    It was such a joy to have you creating for me. All your creations are just wonderful and you open my eyes to new possibilities.

    Thank you to all your wonderful followers for the wonderful comments. I really do appreciate all of you. I haven't been in my craft room in 6 weeks, but I do find Im starting to think about layouts and cards so I think I will start scrapping again soon. And see if I can be just a "Scrapper" and not a "File Designer". LOL

    And now on to your adorable candy dispenser. That is so cute. This would be perfect for Easter and some Jelly Beans.

    And the little Ducky is so adorable. I love that you made that for your grandma.

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that dispenser is awesome - it is really making me want the candy inside:-) Have a great time in Hawaii!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI what a shame..but i really love the dispenser..how cute is this

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lenae, I have an award for you. Stop by my blog and copy the picture and questions. Thanks for sharing all your projects :)

    http://papercompulsions.blogspot.com/2011/08/butterfly-award.html

    Jani
    Paper Compulsions

    ReplyDelete
  10. Leanae, I love both of your projects! I am so sorry your DT term has ended, but I am happy your friend is able to spend more time with her family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sorry that RSMobleys DT has ended, but I know that you're still going to keep on creating many more things, so can't wait to see all the wonderful things you'll do next! I love your projects here, especially the candy dispenser! I need to make one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your dispenser... oh my that is just so darn cute. So is the sweet little rubber ducky... so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. New to your blog. You have some wonderful ideas. I love the candy dispenser. I put you on my favorites list and will try to stop by from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is sad news, but Sharon and her team (including you!) added so much to the crafting world and I know you will continue to do it. I wish Sharon well in all her endeavors! As for these creations: AWESOME!!! I really LOVE everything about the candy dispenser and the duck is adorable. You amaze and inspire me :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the dispenser box, would love it if you can share.

    ReplyDelete