Tuesday, August 30, 2011

PumpkinSpice DT Matchbook Gift Card Holder- Free SVG








Hi everyone!
This card was in the SB.com card of the week challenge for July 10. I loved it so much I made it for my Pumpkin Spice Design Team project this week. I used Crate Papers Emmas Shoppe Collection which is one of my faves! The paper is divine! If you haven't seen it or felt it in person it is so luxurious! It almost has a soft linen texture.

After watching the video I knew I didn't have all the proper tools so YOU know what happened next! Because I didn't have the envelope pocket they use in the Youtube video I made one in SCAL just for us here and a free shape label. Likey??????

Itty Bitty Tip!-When assembling my pocket I recommend gluing the tabs to the outside of the paper so that the gift card tag will slide in and out easily! Plus I find rounding the corners of the tag help.

For the gift card I like to use Zip Dry glue. It works perfectly! You can find it at Pumpkin Spice right here!

Thanks everyone for stopping bye and taking the time to comment it means a lot to me! :)

Here is the Youtube tutorial on making this fun little card!

Secret little tip -If you do not have SCAL or a cutter to cut SVG's a little trick I learned is - download the free Inkscape program, download my file, print my file out onto Emmas Shoppe paper then cut by hand! Super Easy!

I am still working on the blog. I will probably change the layout again when I get back home and have more time because the whole "font in the margin" thing is really annoying me! lol I am open for any suggestions on free blog template sites too!

ENJOY!

If I can inspire just one person today I have done my job!

XOXO SugarGem

10 comments:

  1. That is cute! I made the matchbooks before but never thought to use it with a gift card. Great Idea!! Thanks so much for sharing your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card friend!! I am gonna have to get some of this linen paper. It looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lenae this is awesome!! I have two teenage daughters so we are always giving gift cards as birthday gifts. I am going to make a few of these up to have on hand!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great, thanks for the link to the youtube tut...I am going RIGHT NOW to make one, of after I grab your file, thanks for sharing your files!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! I love the shabby chic way of it, and the different papers:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You made this look so pretty! I think the packaging of the gift can make anything seem even better! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all your ideas! You always come up with neat ways to do cards/packaging etc - such an inspirational site!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, I am going to have to check this paper out. It is beautiful. There are few things less thrilling to a paper crafter than a really wonderful paper :)

    Jani
    paper compulsions

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had never thought to use it with a Gift Card envelopes...I will give it a touch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute card friend!! I am gonna have to get some of this linen paper. It looks beautiful.Plastic Cards Printing
    a way to solve many printing problems.

    ReplyDelete