Monday, July 11, 2011

Pumpkin Spice DT Call!!! Free SVG and Tutorial!

That's RIGHT! My favorite store is having a design team call! Here is the blog for more details. Remember if you don't at least try you can't get the position! So take a chance and try out for the first ever Pumpkin Spice Design Team

Here is my entry! I made a little nugget treat card. I used one of my FAVORITE paper lines ECHO PARK Springtime collection and Summer Days Collection which of course you can find at the Pumpkin Spice store!!!

There are a few different tutorials on making this card throughout the Internet. There is a good one on SCS. I made it easy for you though and made an SVG file for you just because I love my followers! :)  I redesigned the card a bit to make it a little more refined and finished off with a tuck tab for the chocolates to stay in and a built in window. Plus I designed it so that it could be cut on a standard 11.50" x 11.50" mat! Hope you enjoy! :) SugarGem's Nugget Box Card




What you will need:

Echo Park Paper Springtime Collection
Echo Park Summer Days Collection (for the butterflies)
SCAL and Cutting machine
SugarGem's  Nugget Box Card SVG
Scoring tool (I prefer Score Board)
Paper Trimmer
Glue
Acetate 1.5"x5". I cut mine just a hair under these dimensions to make folding easier.
Pop Dots
Butterfly punch
Circle punch- 5 tiny circles approx .50" to stamp and glue to nuggets.
Small stamp I used A Muse Snail & Co Collection
5 Hershey's Nugget chocolates
5 strips of paper measuring 1"x3.25"

Instructions:

  1. Cut SugarGem's Nugget Box Card SVG file out on Echo Park Springtime collection paper.
  2. Score along 11.25" side starting at skinny end - 3.25", 6.50". 8", 8.75", 10.25" and 11". 
  3. Score along 7.5" side- .50", 1.25", 6.25" and 7".
  4. Fold score lines.
  5. Adhere acetate to back of window.
  6. Glue tiny tab to form your nugget box.
  7. Wrap each nugget individually with 1"x3.25" strips.
  8. Stamp paper circles with Snail & Co. butterfly and bee and color in.
  9. Adhere stamped circles to top of nuggets.
  10. Fill your box with wrapped nuggets.
  11. Now you can embellish with Echo Park Springtime and Summer Days embellishments! I used the Martha Stewart Butterfly punch for the 3d butterflies.
 Easy Peasy!
    I hope you enjoy this fun little card I know it is one of my favorites.

    I could not find the originator of this card, but whoever originally designed this you are brilliant and I thank you! :)

    The Free SVG file is my dimensions and design. I spend a lot of time working on my SVG files for you and all I ask is that you give credit where credit is due! Please remember to link back to my blog when using my files!  My files are not to be sold. It is for personal use only!

    Basically JUST Enjoy! :)

    If I can inspire just one person today I have done my job!
    XOXO SugarGem

    8 comments:

    1. Wow Lenae! This card is wonderful! Thanks for sharing the file, now i need to try this AND the shaker card! Man I am falling behind, lol. Best of luck with the design team call! I'm sure that would be tons of fun, I looove all that paper!

      Alyssa

      ReplyDelete
    2. What a creative idea!! You are very talented!!
      Tina
      www.myhoppyplace.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
    3. With that entry I'm sure you will be a member of the DT ,-) Great.

      ReplyDelete
    4. Waow, that is pretty awesome! :-) I love the paper you used and this little box with window is so so cute! Thanks for sharing your creations!! :-)

      ReplyDelete
    5. What a great idea; love the candy holder on the side!--Pat N.

      ReplyDelete
    6. Brilliant way to gift some nuggets of sweetness! You are truly inspired :)

      ReplyDelete
    7. thanks for sharing this lovely gift card

      ReplyDelete