SHAKE, SHAKE, SHAKE ........SHAKE .....THAT BOOOOOOOTY .......SHAKE THAT BOOTY.....Yes, that's right! We are having a party! A party over at My Thoughts Exactly for the BIG release of their new stamps! I hope you are here to join in on the fun! You don't want to miss out on the stamps, giveaways, blog candy and free SVG's!!
If you are here from Jessica's Crafty Rocket Science blog then you are in the right spot. If you just happened upon SugarGem today and would like to join in on the fun you will want to start this party at My Thoughts Exactly blog.
Everyone in the Blog hop is part of the first ever My Thoughts Exactly design team! I can't wait to meet all the new people along the hop and for all my followers to meet my team members! You will be amazed at the talent.
Quick introduction of who I am-
If you are new to SugarGem let me introduce myself and welcome you! I am Lenae! I live in Washington State with my fiancee and my black lab fur baby. I got started in paper crafting about 5 plus years ago when I was invited to a card party and I have been hooked ever since. I lost my job about 3 years ago when the company I worked for went out of business. I had been mainly making cards for the troops, but then when I lost my job I had so much extra time I needed to expand my horizons. I started really getting into mini albums and 3D paper projects. I also design a few SVG files here and there just for fun. After going through many losses in my family over the last few years I started using my crafting as a form of therapy. It really helped me get through some tough times. I have met some of the nicest, kindest giving people I have ever met in the crafting community! I am so blessed to have all of you in my life! I am also blessed to have a fiancee that supports my addiction.... I mean hobby! I am a goof and I don't take anything too seriously! Life is too short!
I am now on 2 design teams. My first design team started with RSMobley Designs about 6 months ago. Sharon designs beautiful SVG files (She is in store transition right now) and now I am honored to add My Thoughts Exactly to my design team resume! I am so honored and humbled to be working with such an amazing team! I can't wait for you to all share this journey with me.
WELCOME Everyone!!! :)
Go ahead, it's FRIDAY, relax, sit back grab a cup of tea or coffee and get ready for the party!
Make sure to read the whole post for the Giveaway and my FREE SVG file!
Let's start this off by seeing what this party is ALL about!
|Under the Sea Collection|
|The Birds and The Bees Collection|
Aren't these the cutest stamps? Do you know what makes them EXTRA unique?????
EACH. WORD. OR PARTIAL PHRASE. IS. SEPARATE!
That's RIGHT! So you can align your sentiment in any order you want and rearrange the phrases. MIX and MATCH.
For example with the "just be-CLAWS" (see below for example) you could also line it up in a straight line or curve the sentiment instead of stacking the words. The possibilities are endless. Plus they come with a cheat sheet so you don't even have to think! You could also line up "Be-CLAWS I love you" or "Be-CLAWS I care"! Isn't that AWESOME????
So where do you get these you ask???? Right here and how much do they cost? Only $15 including tax AND shipping! SCORE!
What I love is that I can fit the sentiment into any corner, word bubble or skinny sliver of paper I want! They specifically designed the letters to fit nice and snug up to each other so the words will flow beautifully! Plus they use only the best photo polymer for their stamps! SO COOL!
Now that you have seen what this party is about, lets keep moving, because I have a lot to show you today!
I made 2 projects for the hop. Yup 2! I couldn't decide on just one project, but that's ok because I'm a woman! HA
First up is my SHAKE, SHAKE, SHAKE..... SHAKER card! So when you are tired of shakin your booty you can just shake your card! :)
I used My Thoughts Exactly Under the Sea collection. "Just be-CLAWS"
|I really wanted to use sand for this, but it just wasn't working. It was to dusty and fogs up the window. FYI|
What do you think? You like? If you like it I have a little surprise for you today!!!
My free SVG shell shaker card file just for you for following along the blog hop! Down below is a full tutorial on how to assemble the whole card including how to make the cute little sealife creatures.
Just in case you haven't seen it yet or you are just lost along the blog hop I posted the line up for you here->
1. Alyssa: mythoughtsexactly.co
2. Bee: dare2beecreative.blogspot.com
3. Bee (Belinda): beeshiveofdrama.blogspot.com
4. Jennifer: ourchangeofart.blogspot.com
5. Jessica: craftyrktsci.blogspot.com
6. Lenae: sugargemscrafts.blogspot.com YOU ARE HERE
7. Thienly: modpaperie.blogspot.com
Don't stop here there is more......
Now for my 2nd project! I used My Thoughts Exactly The Birds and the Bees stamp collection. Jessica at SVGAttic did something REALLY awesome for you! She designed a special
Bird and Bees collection that coordinates perfectly with My Thoughts Exactly The Birds and The Bees collection. Pretty cool huh?
I decided to make a fun interactive pop up card with the collections "Just BEE-Cause"!
How perfect is Jessica's Bird and Bees SVG collection with the My Thoughts Exactly The Birds and The Bees stamps? PERFECT!
They are so perfect together and Jessica is so generous that she is giving one of her entire collections as prize here at SugarGem!!! She donated SVGAttic.com's Birds and Bees SVG set to the blog hop to giveaway to one of my lucky readers. See details below!
I have the popup tutorial here for you!
If you have any questions please please let me know!
Here is what you will need for the pop up card
1. My Thoughts Exactly The Birds and The Bees stamp collection
2. SVGAttic Birds and Bees SVG collection
5. Embossing folders
6. Cuttlebug or Bigshot or any other embossing machine
8. Glue gun
9. Stamp pad
Here is what I did for the pop up card.
1. Size tree up to 4.44"x 5.27"
2. Use a basic shapes rectangle size it to 2.5"x 5"
3. Copy, paste and flip 1 tree. So you should have 2 trees back to back
4. Line up both trees to either side of the rectangle then weld all three.
5. Cut out your tree card
6. Emboss your tree and then fold in half. Now you have the card.
7. Cut out 9 green tree toppers, then emboss and ink edges. attach to card I staggered 3 on the front and 6 on the inside.
8. Cut out Bee hive 4.34" x 3.11"
9. Make a copy of bottom layer of bee hive and weld .5" x 1"(rectangle) tabs on each side of the hive. Cut this extra piece. I would recommend using the same color as your tree trunk because this piece will go under your actual hive. You will not see this piece.
10. Glue your entire assembled hive to the tabbed bottom layer. Fold in half (side to side). See photo of my project for reference.
11. Fold tabs in then glue to each side of tree.
12. Cut bees at .99"x1.44" each and assemble.
13. Trim pieces of wire to desired length.
14. Hot glue wire to the back of bees then attach where you would like to the hive.
15. Trim sentiment paper to 2.5"x.75" cut inside corner to look like a flag. I use my square punch to cut the inverted corner. Stamp sentiment with My Thoughts Exactly The Birds and The Bees collection.
16. Stamp little bird from My Thoughts Exactly The Birds and The Bees collection onto desired paper and color in with markers or pencils.
17. Test out folding the card making sure the hive folds with the card.
I think that is it for The Birds and The Bees collections! Looks like a lot, but it really isn't as much as it looks!
Now for my tutorial using my free SVG shaker card file and My Thoughts Exactly Under the Sea collection.
Here you go!
What you will need:
-My Thoughts Exactly Under the Sea collection
-Paper 1-12x12 for main card (I used Echo Park Splash collection from Pumpkin Spice Don't forget to tell her I sent you! She has the best prices and she's super sweet!)
1- 3"x3.5" for back of window. I use a different pattern or color for this piece to give contrast.
-Acetate (for window) 3"x3.5"
-Shrinky Dinks paper
-Glitter or micro beads (I originally wanted sand, but I couldn't find sand that didn't fog up and scratch the acetate so I do not recommend sand.)
-Strip pop up foam- not the dots
-Tool for scoring. I prefer the score board.
How to make my shaker card:
1. Cut my shaker card svg file on desired paper.
2. Score starting at the wide end of the long side- .25", .50", 3.75", 4", 7.25",7.5"
3. Score along width (short)side- .25", .50", 4.5" and 4.75".
4. Fold score lines
5. choose shapes you would like to shrink and cut them out on Shrinky Dink paper on your cutter. I used basic shapes in SCAL. I cut the crab at 2.25"x1.575", the starfish 1.75"x 1.50" and the seahorse .99"x 2.043".
Itty Bitty Tip- Use multi-cut when cutting the Shrinky Dinks because it is so thick.
6. Color the rough side of your Shrinky Dink cut shapes. I used Copics in R29 Lipstick Red, YR07 Cadmium Orange and B28 Royal Blue.
The trick with Shrinky Dinks is to let them curl up like crazy (Don't stop heating), keep heating while it is curling, it's not done and then it will eventually flatten out nice! Once it flattens out while heating it is finished.
8. Take your 3"x3.5" acetate and adhere it to the back of your shell window.
9. Add your foam strips around the shell placing them on top of your acetate. Make sure that the foam is all touching. This is what will keep your glitter and Shrinky Dinks inside the shaker. You want to push them tightly together so that they will be air tight. Be very precise here. I used 3 layers of the foam because it wasn't thick enough for the Shrinky Dinks to shake with just 1 layer. It will all depend on how thick your foam strips are. You will have to decide if one. two or three layers are needed.
10. Clean your acetate with glass cleaner to get any finger prints or dust off.
11. Place Shrinky Dinks and whatever else you want in your shaker inside the foam area.
12. Remove backing on foam and adhere your 3"x3.5" piece of paper to the foam strips. This will now enclose your shaker!
13. Depending on how thick and/or wide your foam is you can now close the back of the card. I had to cut off the little strip at the end because my foam was really wide. But you might not have to do this it will all depend on your foam. The photo below shows AFTER I removed the tab.
14. Stamp your sentiment with My Thoughts Exactly Under the Sea collection.
|This shows the tab already removed.|
Voile! Now you can embelish if there is anything else you would like to add! Have fun and enjoy!
Whew! This is the longest post I've ever done!
To finish up the SugarGem portion of this party I wanted to go over a few important points.
Because this hop is all about My Thoughts Exactly I wanted you to know a little bit about them!
-It is a very small company owned and operated by husband and wife.
-They design everything from the stamps to the inserts.
-Their stamps are made in the USA!!!!!!!!
-The stamps are made of the highest quality photo polymer, resistant to yellowing.
-They are manufactured by the same people as the big names use like PTI.
- Made with a proprietary photo polymer that is engineered to simulate the qualities of rubber. It has the hardness equal to rubber therefor handles ink just like rubber for stamping crisp, clean images!
*My personal experience with My Thoughts Exactly is they are really great people with a fabulous and clever product. The stamps ARE awesome! They are right up there with the best of the best clear stamps. They are easy to align and take ink beautifully. They cling like nothing I have used before! You will love the stamps and the company!
Before you leave don't forget to leave a comment and become a follower to enter the drawing! I will do a random drawing on Monday for Jessica's new Birds and Bees collection over at SVGAttic.com. Don't forget to check back Monday to see if you are the winner! Thank you for partying with all of us on the hop today and see you soon!
Next on the hop is Thienly's Amazing Mod Paperie blog!
If I can inspire just one person today I have done my Job!
Don't forget to LIKE SugarGem's Facebook page right over there--------->>>>>>>>