Thursday, June 2, 2011

Who Doesn't Love a TREAT? Candy bar double slider.

Want to make something special for someone special or just wow someone?  Warning PICTURE OVERLOAD! "From one craftaholic to another!"





I made these little Chocolate bar double slider pockets for the craft girls Tuesday night.They are so cute! You pull on the tab at the top and the little sentiment on the bottom pops out!  I've been making these little double slider cards for a while now, but I saw one similar to this with the chocolate bar on Dawn's Stampin Up Youtube video. I changed it around a bit because I wanted it to be more "box like" rather than pocket style. I think it looks more finished.
Hope you like them! :)













Here is what you will need.
Paper
Glue
Plastic bag
Candy bar
Paper Trimmer
Scissors
Ruler
Scoring tool

How to put it together.

These are my dimensions.
1. Candy  Bar- I made these dimensions  for the 1.55oz  Hershey bar. It is the more flat style Hershey bar with the 3 rows.

2. Cut paper to 8.5"x6.5. I like to use the brown Kraft paper because it is more sturdy.

3.  Score along the 8.5" side at 2.5", 2.75", 5.25", 5.50, 8"

4. Cut the little corners off the tab on the end between 8" and 8.5". This will make tucking it under easier. See Picture below.

5. Trim a tiny sliver off the first panel to make folding easier. I usually trim about .10" off. See picture below. See picture below

6. Cut plastic approx 2.25"x 14.5".

7. Wrap plastic around the 2.5" panel end. Tip Make sure to glue the plastic together toward one side of the panel not in the middle of panel.  you don't want it to be too tight or too loose.

8. Glue candy bar onto plastic at one end of the plastic panel (placing the chocolate bar in the center panel making sure the front of chocolate bar will be facing the front. see picture below.

9. Cut a piece of paper to 2.25"x6.25" stamp with sentiment on one end.

10. Glue to the other side of plastic wrap at the opposite end of chocolate bar. Make sure the sentiment will be facing up when it pops out! See picture below.

11. Assemble and glue .5" tab under plastic panel. Itty Bitty Tip: This is important. When assembling the wrapper together the 1/2" tab that seals the whole thing together needs to be tucked under the plastic. make sure that there isn't any glue touching the plastic

12.You could add a tab to the chocolate bar now. The tab I cut from SCAL but you could use almost anything for a tab if you don't have a tab file. You could cut 2 circles and glue them on either side of the wrapper.
.
13. Make sure everything is working properly.

14. Now embellish! That's it!

These directions seem like a lot, but after you get the first one done it is really easy. I recommend doing a prototype first to just get the hang of it before using your good paper. :)





If I can inspire just one person today I have done my job!
XOXO SugarGem

5 comments:

  1. Oh these treats are wonderful, is the sentiment a stamp or pc generated?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a creative great idea! I've got to try one of these! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've printed candy wraps, but these layered & embellished ones are much "sweeter". Thanks for the tutorial.
    http://blog.neatthings-boutique.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute idea - what better way to dress up chocolate than in a sweet slider pocket. I love it all - right down to the sentiment "from one craftaholic to another..." You are truly amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the tutorial and I love the papers you chose as well!

    ReplyDelete