Monday, June 13, 2011

Excited is an understatement!

I am totally in shock right now I just cannot believe what I just found out!

I have a funny story to tell you and some really exciting news.

Ok so I applied for a stamping position with My Thoughts Exactly a few weeks ago. I had been searching the web for some Punny stamps. (Yes shopping! I know big surprise!) I am just obsessed with this style and I just happened across Alyssa's blog called My Thoughts Exactly. She was having a Design Team call. I just loved her style and all of her sentiments that I was seeing so I thought what the heck why not!
A few weeks went by and I hadn't heard anything.
 Last night I received an email from Alyssa which I thought was a very sweet denial letter. So I was sort of bummed last night, but I was still proud of myself for at least applying!

You know we can't get anywhere if we don't try! This is something I have struggled with. A year ago I probably wouldn't have even tried.

This afternoon after I got home I saw that Thienly from Mod Paperie got a position and I was so happy for her I went to the My Thoughts Exactly Blog to see who else got the positions and to see what Alyssa had made.  And right there under Thienly's name was MINE! LOL Yeah I guess I misread the email last night! I was a bit rummy from being on a long family road trip all day so maybe that's why I misunderstood the email. LOL So to make a long story short..... I made the cut for the first ever Design Team for My Thoughts Exactly! I am so honored to be part of this team. Everyone on the team is extremely talented and gifted. I just can't wait to start creating for Alyssa and sharing with all of you!

Here is the line up!
1. Thienly Azim of Mod Paperie
2. Lenae (ME).............
3. Jessica Lattimer of Crafty Rocket Science
4. Jennifer Rzasa of Our Change of Art
5. Belinda Brown of  Bee's Hive O'Drama
6. Bee Burg of Dare to Bee Creative

Congratulations to all the team members and Alyssa for being the guest designer today at Paper Dolls! I cannot wait to see what everyone creates.  

XOXO SugarGem


7 comments:

  1. My dear talented friend!! I am sooo excited for you. Proud that you stepped out and took a risk and "prouder" that you were selected!! I am not surprised because I know how extremely gifted you are. This is perfect!! Of course you do realize that you are not going to get any rest right?! Whoo-hoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol Lenae! I am so sorry I scared you!! So funny story actually, I emailed all of the girls who I hadn't chosen ahead of time because I didn't want them to wait for Monday just to look and be disappointed. But for you guys I thought it would be more fun to be surprised and see your names up there and stuff but I thought I should still send a generic sounding email so you knew I hadn't forgotten you and just ignored you all together and also so you guys would be sure to check my blog today. well little did I know I wasn't so good at sounding generic, lol! Bee told me my email nearly gave her a heart attack! I guess I have learned my lesson :P

    I am so excited to have you on the team and I can't wait to see what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! Alyssa is so talented!!! I love her style and have enjoyed getting to know her! I thought you did a great job as a guest designer on Paper Dolls too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats!! you are very talented, will be waiting to see what you create.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Lenae! You're super talented and I'm so excited to be on a same DT as you! We're going to have so much fun!

    Yeah, I totally felt the same way about that letter.. I think we all did! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! I love the story!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations - I am soooo happy for you! Such a sweet deal for such a sweet person! It will be really fun to see what you create on this DT, so you better bet I will be checking your blog out as much as possible :)

    ReplyDelete