Saturday, May 28, 2011

When Life Gives You Lemons Make Lemonade -View finder Card! AND WINNER ANNOUNCED




I have a good friend who just found out that her husband is being deployed to Afghanistan. When I spoke to her she was very positive, but I know deep down she is upset and scared. She has two little children ontop of it all. She lives close by me, but her family lives very far away. SO she's going to be alone.  I wanted to send her a little card just to let her know I'm here for her.

I got the inspiration for this card from Melissa at Scrapbook.com. Thank you so much Melissa.  Melissa puts up tutorials from Youtube every week and they are so fun and inspirational. I fell in love with this View Finder card because I knew I could use my new stamps and make an SVG file for this. I'm gifting this to all of you as a thank you for being a follower. Here is the original Youtube tutorial if you want to make one like Dawn (she's the best)with punches. But I knew all you SVG fans would love an easy SVG file! Enjoy! :) I changed some things around like using the scallop circle rather than just a plain circle and I made it a lot larger. Hope you like it! I would love to see what you make and comments are always great. I have been contemplating whether to continue free files or not. Let me know if you like this and like the free files? :)

This file is not to be sold it is for personal use ONLY. It will be available for a limited time.
Enjoy


SugarGem's View Finder SVG File

Because I had extra time today I did the drawing early! Thank you to everyone who played! Welcome to all my new followers!
And what you have ALL been waiting for----
The Winner is #12
Congratulations Joydee. I will email you soon.

XOXO SugarGem

8 comments:

  1. This card is so cute what would we do without all of our brave soldiers and the wives that stand behind them!

    Congrats to Joydee too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, I want to do that with you ;-))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another cool card Lenae! I just posted on your rainbow card! I am a fellow hopper for the Glitter Explosion and will have to come back to purchase your file for the rainbow card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't imagine what she must be feeling right now.

    Great card and thank you for the file, appreciate it. When my life settles down a little more I hope to make one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooooh, totally missed that post at the time! LOVE this! So cute! :-D And your lemonade version is so cool! :-D Thanks for the svg! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found your blog w/ this post and can't wait to try and make this card. This is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete