Saturday, May 14, 2011

Surprised Myself





Very rarely do I make something that I actually like myself, but I have to say I do actually like this one so I wanted to share it with you guys.

I designed this card around the owl. The owl stamp was a gift from my sweet crafting  friend. Isn't he cute? I distressed all the edges, did lots of layering, stitched around the edge, used a border punch, decorated the inside, used a Cuttlebug embossing folder then Nestabilities for the sentiment tag. I just wanted to make something fun. I found this really great paper stack and Tuesday Morning a while back called Cupcakes and Cherries (yup there's those cupcakes again HA!) I just loved how fun the stack was and wanted to make something fun with the paper.

XOXO SugarGem 

6 comments:

  1. I say "WOW" too ;-)) I'm always afraid to use those needles on a project....

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is cute! Fabulous card, love the layering and the ribbon bow and berries!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow that is so cute, love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the owl, so cute. I like all the layers, very nice card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very cute. As well as the rest of your projects here on your blog. I followed you over from Under A Cherry Tree on FB. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do too like the card. Love all the layering of the embellishments and the stitching around the card. You do awesome work!

    ReplyDelete