Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Just Because She's a Great Friend

Do you have a special friend? If you do you are very lucky! Not too many people have friends like that.

I have a friend, that believe it or not, we've never even met in person.  We've only known each other less than a year, but she is VERY special to me. I feel like I've known her for ever. She has encouraged me to do so many things that I normally would have never done and I am so thankful to have a such a special friend like her.

She found out recently that she will be a grandma for the 2nd AND 3rd time this year. She is having a baby shower for one of the moms in two weeks and asked me if I would send her my cupcake stand.  Of course I was TOTALLY honored that she would want to use my cupcake stand for something so special. Did I mention she has not been feeling well at all? Even though I know she hasn't told me this, I'm sure she is a little stressed that she's having the shower and not feeling well. So instead of just making the stand I decided to make the stand and cupcake wrappers and matching toppers. I put all the links below for you of course!

I really had fun making these. I ended up designing the cupcake wrapper with SVGCuts.com Baby Elements onesie. I wanted it to be extra special and one of kind!  This was my first cupcake wrapper.
It was definitely a challenge, but I always love a challenge. The hardest part was matching up the top elements to the bottom element. I also made the the white scallop wrapper to go underneath.

Itty Bitty Tip  The white wrapper under the design wrapper helps the design stand out more.
 I've been doing this with my cupcake wrappers lately and it makes them look extra special.


 In addition to the wrappers I made 6 different toppers so they wouldn't all be too matchy matchy, but complementary. I used both the Baby Elements collection and the Little Sweet Peas collection for the toppers. Shown below.

Itty Bitty Tips- When making the toppers remember you need to make 2 elements for each topper. You will need an element for the front and the back. You can highlight your element and use the flip tool to reverse the image so they line up when you glue them together. 
Also I used my glue gun to glue the elements to my sticks. The glue gun works the best by far. The sticks I used were Skewers that I cut down. I DO NOT recommend using skewers. I used them because she is going to buy cupcakes and the ones in the store are larger so they needed to be a bit longer then toothpicks. The grocery store usually has the hors d'Ĺ“uvre toothpick sticks which work PERFECT because they are a bit longer than tooth picks, but I couldn't find them at any grocery store. If you find them buy them while they have them!
Please if you would keep her in your prayers I would really appreciate it! Every prayer counts. She needs to feel better for her grand babies that are on the way! :)



Baby Elements
  1. Onesie
  2. Bottle
  3. Pacifier

Little Sweet Peas
  1. Booties
  2. Airplane
  3. ABC block
  4. Rocking horse
In case you are wondering I used the Linen stack by DCWV. I used this stack for my baby buggy. It's an awesome stack for baby boys. I highly recommend.

If I can inspire just one person today I have done my job!
XOXO SugarGem

Don't forget to like SugarGem's Facebook page to get up to date posts and info! ----->>>>----->>>>

3 comments:

  1. this is absolutely beautiful!!! She is going to love them. Great job, Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lenae, I have tears streaming down my checks. you are one in a million. Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hummm...I left a comment on this somewhere because I love these so much and will keep this idea for future reference. I think I left a comment on facebook. PS. Glad you liked the mirror card....I keep that card on my desk.

    ReplyDelete