Friday, May 13, 2011

Favorites Friday

Todays favorite is more about inexpensive organization. Have you ever had one of these with your thread, twine or floss? They are so pretty when you first buy them but as soon as you take them out of the package it looks like this!



Here is how I store my floss and extra ribbons etc. It's super easy and doesn't take up too much space.



What you will need:
1. Paper. (I prefer Kraft paper because it is heavy and looks cute.)
2. Scissors
3. Corner rounder
4. Paper trimmer

How to make them:

1. Trim your paper to 4.25"x 2.75"
2. Round corners with your punch.
3. Cut slots on opposite sides and ends of each other like photo below.
4. Wrap ribbon, twine, thread, floss etc. That's it.
You could if you want decorate your cards by labeling, embossing, or stamping pretty and cute designs. I prefer to just keep them simple! See below for an example of decorating your cards.





For this card I ran it through my Cuttlebug then ran some Paper White Fresh Ink over the top. Easy Peasy!

If you are like me right now in this economy on a super tight budget this is the least expensive route to take for organization. If you have some extra funds you can also buy super cute wooden spools at Joanns in packs of 6 plus for a few dollars that are so darling!  Hope this helps you! :)



Have a beautiful weekend everyone!


If I can inspire just one person today I have done my job.

XOXO SugarGem

Don't forget to LIKE SugarGem's Facebook page to get up to date posts! =========>>>>>>>>>

No comments:

Post a Comment