Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Adorable Box Card



This is NOT my design, but these are my dimensions.  I made this for the Card of the Week Challenge and loved it so much I wanted to share it with all of you. Here is the tutorial we were given.  It's so adorable! When I put it together with her dimensions the flaps weren't even and it was larger than I wanted. I wanted a regular A2 size so the finished product would fit into a standard envelope. I also wanted to be able to use a standard 8.5"x 11" sheet of paper instead of a 12"x12". So I re-measured everything up and here is what I came up with. Make sure to watch her video first then use my dimensions to build the card.

Here is what you will need:
  1. Paper
  2. Scoring tool
  3. Scissors
  4. Glue
  5. Pencil (to make the mark for the point)
1. Start with a sheet of paper measuring
    10 1/4" x 8 1/2"

2. Score along the 10 1/4" side at- 2 1/8", 3 5/8", 6 5/8", 8 1/8"
3. Flip and Score along the 8 1/2" side at 1.5" and 7"

I also have the measurements if you would like to mat the front flaps and the inside insert! Yes, I did this all for you, my readers cuz I luv ya! :)

1. Middle- 2 at 1 7/8" x 5 1/4"
2. Top- 2 at 1 3/4" x 5 1/8"
3. Inside- 2 7/8" x 5 3/8"

It's so adorable when finished you will love it.

If I can inspire just one person today I have done my job!
XOXO SugarGem

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, I love this card! The colors are rich and it is a fun, interactive greeting. I am amazed at how easily you figure, and grateful to you for sharing, these (and other) measurements :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! another fab idea! TFS!

    ReplyDelete