Sunday, April 3, 2011

3D Easter Eggs RSMobley Creative Team Project

Here is my little 3D Easter egg design I made for the Creative Team over at RSMobley Designs with Sharon's April Easter Collection RM00099. You can find the collection Here.
These are so fun to make! Hope you guys like them! 



Here is what you will need.
  1. April Easter Bunny collection
  2. Scissors
  3. Glitter
  4. Glue
  5. Paper
1. Cut 2 egg bases and 4 top layers any size you prefer them to be.
*You will need a top layer for both sides of each egg.
 I made mine about 4.5"-6"and staggered them.

2. Adhere your design layers to your egg bases.
*tip*Make sure you cover the designed layers very well and evenly with glue because you will be cutting them and you don't want them the fray.

3. Cut both eggs like the photo above.
(I didn't show the top layer(design) already glued in the photos because it was hard to see where I cut the eggs with the design on top. You want to make sure that when you make this cut that the layers are already assembled)The cut should be half way down from the top of one and half way up from the bottom of the other. You want to cut a tiny piece out not just cut a slit. This will make the eggs sit better together especially if you decide to add glitter.


4. Cut off the bottom of each egg making sure they are even. This will allow the eggs to sit upright on their own and sit evenly on a table or plate.

5. After you have glued all the layers and made the cuts you can assemble them now or make them all pretty and sparkly with glitter.

If you do want to do the glitter here is what I did.
I used the Elmers craft bond adhesive spray on each side of the eggs to adhere the glitter and it worked alright. I recommend using an old box to spray in so you don't make a mess in your craft area. The spray adhesive is very messy if it isn't contained.
Then I sprinkled and tapped the glitter off and voile I was done!

I can't decide if I like this craft spray yet. I'm not sure if it holds as well as other methods. I will keep you posted on new and different glue methods.

If you don't like glitter because it's too messy have you tried embossing glitter? It is very pretty and glittery but not nearly as messy as standard glitter. When I want a more sugary glitter look I like use real glitter.
But the embossing glitter is super pretty too.

These would also be adorable with a hole punched in the top with some cute ribbon to dangle from something.
If I can inspire just one person today I have done my job!
XOXO SugarGem

Don't forget to check out SugarGem's Facebook page and "like" it to get up to date information! --------->>>>>---->>>>>>

3 comments:

  1. Super cute idea! I especially like the suggestion to hang them and they look so sugary, good enough to eat :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your project. You are so creative and offer great inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete