Thursday, March 3, 2011

My First Creative Team Project

I have been wanting to make a luminary for quite some time now so I took this opportunity to make one.  There was a lot more work involved than I thought, but I think it turned out pretty cute. I started with just the pot of gold, but when I showed it to my fiancee he asked where the rainbow was? I decided I had to add the rainbow and it was an adventure from there.  Trying to figure out how to get the rainbow to look good with a tiny battery operated tea light was not as easy as I thought.  But I finally figured out how to do it. First I started with just vellum rainbow strips that I cut out with Sharon's file March St. Patricks RM00098 file. You can find the file Here. I added a rainbow array of Stickles(glitter glue) to the top of the vellum rainbow strips thinking it would be glittery and sparkly when the candle was lit, but let me tell you now that DOES NOT WORK! So what I did was use these LePlume markers to color the back side of the vellum (I'm sure any marker would work) and that gave it a deeper more vibrant rainbow affect.  Also I used a light gold ink by Dew Drops which you can find Here to ink the vellum under the gold stickles on the pot of gold to give it a more golden glow when the candle is lit.

Here is the finished project.


I also embossed the 3 leaf clovers, inked them to give them dimension then added stickles to give them some sparkle. My motto is if it doesn't look great just add glitter it ALWAYS finishes off the project.

This is a picture of before the rainbow adventure.


You can also check out the creative team blog here and my very first post.

If I can inspire just one person today I have done my job!
XOXO SugarGem

Don't forget to check out SugarGem's Facebook page and "like" it to get up to date information! --------->>>>>---->>>>>>

2 comments:

  1. OMGosh! This seems like a lot of work! But, it truly is beautiful!!! Love the rainbow touch (tell your fiance good job!) and love all the details that you put into it! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Job! I love how you did the Rainbow. I have not made a luminary yet, on my to do list.

    ReplyDelete