Friday, March 4, 2011

Happy St. Patricks Day

Happy St. Patricks Day card!


Here is my 2nd project for RSMobleys Designs Creative Team. I wanted to design a cute St. Patricks Day card for you guys to make. I used the March St. Patricks  RM00098 file. You can find it Here.  I started by using 2 pot of gold shapes and flipped one to mirror each other. I welded the two together to create a card. I then welded the rainbow to the top. This created the base for the card. Next I cut out the different colors for the rainbow. The rainbow was HUGE so I just cut it off after I glued the pieces together. Then I cut another pot of gold  and used clear Utee to make the pot look shiny. I only did one layer of Utee so it gave it some neat texture rather then a perfectly smooth texture. I used Zig glue all over the top of the rainbow then sprinkled clear glitter on top. Then using basic shapes in SCAL I cut out a few little circles and ovals to emboss with gold embossing powder to make them look like gold coins! I adhered most of the coins with little mini pop dots to give more dimension. I think that is it, if you have any other questions please let me know I will try and answer them for you!

*Itty Bitty Tippy* When using the Zig glue and glitter work quickly. You want to try and apply the glitter when the glue is still blue to get the best staying power.

Happy St. Patricks Day!

If I can inspire just one person today I have done my job!
XOXO SugarGem

Don't forget to check out SugarGem's Facebook page and "like" it to get up to date information! --------->>>>>---->>>>>>

3 comments: