Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Valentines Day is only a few days away!

Are you all ready for Valentines Day yet?  I have been so busy with this whole new blog thing. There is so much to learn.  I have so many ideas and projects to share with you I don't even know where to start sometimes.

 Here are a couple cards I made last night to share with you for Valentines day. 






I used the SVGCuts.com Valentine Cupcake set  Here for the large scallop heart and the arrow heart. I give it 5 stars it's so cute for so many things besides just cupcakes! Definitely a must have set for SCAL. I also used their A2 Laced Edge Card Collection Here  for the scalloped heart border along the bottom. It's So So cute!
What you will need-
Cuttlebug (Or any embossing machine you have to emboss with will work)
Embossing folder
Patterned paper
Plain paper
Glue and hot glue gun (I used a hot glue gun to attach the bow embellishment to the pink heart/red heart)
Ribbon (you can find very cute ribbon at the Dollar tree or even in the dollar bins at Michaels)
SCAL and  CRICUT
    -you can substitute these for punches or even pre-made shapes at your local craft store
Border punch or SVGCuts.com Border file
Ink for edges to give dimension (I used Fresh Ink in Sugar for my light pink card)
Button
Twine

If you have any questions let me know! 

Don't forget to check out my Facebook page for updates! Click on my Facebook badge on the
 left----------------->>>>>>>over there-------->>>>>>>
and click on the "Like" button. 

If I can inspire one person I have done my job!
XOXO SugarGem

7 comments:

  1. Aww!! those cards are adorable!! I love them
    Thanks so much for sharing...I look forward to see more of your creations
    Hugs
    -BK

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that cuttlebug folder! I got 4 new ones for my birthday today, so I'm gonna have to try them out! I thought I was done making Valentines day cards, but I will prob make some more today with my new folders :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely card!!! The embossing folder is so sweet...I just love the entire card !
    xoxo Joy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are simply gorgous! I do love the red one! TFS!

    ReplyDelete