Friday, February 4, 2011

*Special gift* Taking Ordinary to Extraordinary


Do you ever just want a gift to have that extra special touch? Ever want to take your gifts from ordinary to extraordinary? I definitely did for my friend who just got through her 3rd back surgery. Here is a get well set that I put together for her. 

Get Well Gift
Lots of glitter and hand stamping


Hang in There



I hand stamped the flower here with Pink Lemonade Fresh ink (see link below) then the sentiment ontop in Chocolate by Fresh ink.  I used the Large Zig Chisel tip glue pen to adhere the glitter.
Close up of mint tin and goodies



This cute little tin is tangerine flavored lip balm by Sally Hanson.  Can you say YUM? Oh my this smells divine. I used SCAL software to cut the main circle then used a basic circle punch with matching paper for the topper. There is something about this in person that I just love. It is so cute and feels so lush in your hand.
Special mint tin and chocolate

Paper wrapped mint tin. I just eye balled the dimensions and used scraps.  I trimmed the corners with a corner rounder punch.
Surprise inside

The quote is a vellum stack I got at Joanns about 4 years ago. It reads "There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved" by George Sand

I just love little secret squirrel things like notes hidden under the lid of a tin.  It's a little surprise waiting to be found. When? No one knows. That's what makes it even more extraordinary.


Pretty nail files with hand stamped tag
 First I wrapped the nail files together with paper then wrapped with ribbon and topped it off with a tag. I hand stamped the tag here with the new Martha Stewart Valentine stamp set. Here is what it looks like. I got mine at Michaels, but here is place I found online for you. Here
 I used my FAVORITE stamp pads from Fresh ink that can be found here at Impress. Here  Hands down these are the most gorgeous inks I have ever seen and used. I even love the way they smell. When I go to use them I get giddy like using a gorgeous designer handbag or wearing a fabulous pair of shoes. Oh how I love their ink.


Glam up hand sanitizer with a bit of  pretty paper and sparkles
 I double wrapped the hand sanitizer with two different sizes of paper. Cut a little circle from SCAL out of matching paper for the lid. (sorry you can't see that) then taped the ribbon around the lid to make it secure.


Special lollipop and hand stamped tag


Flower on the lollipop is from Svgcuts.com Wintergreens collection. Here

My inspiration came from many different places.  I got my svg cut file for the latte cup and the cup holder  from My Time Made Easy here. Make sure if you buy a file to CHOOSE the TYPE of file before paying. Yeah I learned this the hard way too.
I wanted something different for the label on the cup wrapper so I used  a free svg file from SVGcuts.com Here that I tailored on my SCAL software program.  I absolutely adore Svgcuts.com they are the best designer svg cut file company out there. They are so talented and generous. You will see how much I love them. Trust me on this. 90% of my projects contain at least 1 element from one of their collections. 
Thank you to all of my muses and inspiring friends.

All of these gifts and special touches are cute together, but really you can make a very nice and quick gift with just one of the items for a friend. Like just the mint tin alone or the cute hand sanitizer alone are fabulous quick and inexpensive gifts that your friends will covet.

*Itty Bitty Tippy* When wrapping paper around items like these make sure to get your glue or tape as close to the edge as possible especially at the end. It really holds the paper down and helps it from lifting at the end where it seals. Yes I learned this the hard way..
*Some extra info*
Paper is the DCWV Garden Party Stack

I filled the bottom of the latte cups with cute Valentine socks and cuddly soft gloves.

I don't have any dimensions for you I just eye balled everything and used the ruler to just get close. It doesn't have to be perfect it will look perfect to them. All the glitter and shine will blind them. Trust me on this! They will be WOW'D:) If you have any questions please let me know! Have a beautiful day! xoxo SugarGem


6 comments:

  1. Hey Lenae, thanks a lot for posting all the links! I think I went to all of them...I really am going to get the SCAL software...where should I make the first connection? I saw several sites that sell SVG cuts (am I saying that right?!)...email me please...now I want to get started!! This is an absolutely gorgeous gift for your friend. I can not imagine how excited she will be!! Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay I still do not know how to comment on my own blog. But SVGcuts has the best prices on SCAL I think their other site is called Pumkincartcrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty and amazing, actually it's pretty amazing as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. well all I have to say is I am so glad Martica started the blog post on scrapbook.com. I will be back to see more of your wonderful blog latter....

    ReplyDelete