Sunday, February 27, 2011

Paper Stacks, Scissors and Glue

Something I have been really working on is trying to use my paper stacks. I forget that I can find cute embellishments right inside a stack of paper.  Here is a a super simple card that I just love using my paper stack for embellishing.  This is a great way for beginners to get into scrapbooking or card making. It won't be overwhelming. I remember my first card making party and it was so overwhelming. All the gadgets, papers, punches, markers, stamps, stamp pads, Jolee's stickers, etc laying on the table I didn't even know where to start.You don't really need anything but paper, scissors and glue to start with. You can always step it up a notch with extras like dry embossing, ribbon and pop dots. But really if you are just thinking about getting into paper crafting you don't need a lot to make something cute.  The second picture is purely just fussy cutting out of a paper stack. It is actually one of my favorite cards. The first picture is stepped a notch.

K&Co Sweet Nectar Stack


DCWV Botanical Stack
 *Itty Bitty Tippy*  Try using the little 3D foam squares to give more dimension to your projects.


If I can inspire just one person today I have done my job!
XOXO SugarGem

3 comments:

  1. beautiful cards! love the huge butterfly :D
    TFS
    -BK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards....

    I’m really looking forward to working with you @ RSMobleys Designs!

    ReplyDelete