Wednesday, February 2, 2011

New card obsession

I have joined a birthday card swap and a few other swaps on Scapbook.com. Swaps are A LOT of fun. There are ton's of different swaps you can do. You know that excitement when you see a package in your mailbox or your front porch? Well it can be like that all the time for basically nothing when you start swapping. I love Surprises! Who doesn't right?
 So my newest obsession of the week has been making lots'o birthday cards. You can't have too many anyways, CAN YOU? Here is a little one I made in Soap Lake.

Quick and Simple Birthday Card


The details:
I used the new K&Company Sweet Nectar 4.75"6.75" designer mat pad.  I like to use these smaller stacks for cards because the design on them is smaller then the 12"x12" stacks.

 Here is a pic of the stack I used-










I found the stack at my local Michaels. 

The stacks are nice to use because almost all the papers are coordinating making it quick and easy.
I embossed some of my paper with a Cuttlebug folder. Ek Success border punch. Memories dye inkpad for the sentiment. Tim Holtz Distress ink in Antique Linen with a makeup sponge to distress all the edges. Botton, waxed button floss and ribbon. The flower sentiment tag was cut on my Cricut with SCAL. (I will go into more of this soon) It's that simple.  Thanks for taking a look and remember to leave a comment. Let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lenae....Glad you sent me the message about your blog....welcome to the world of blogging! Girl, you know I LOVE all the cards you made with this paper !!! I just got back from Michaels..looking for this paper ! lol But, they didnt have it, but I will be chacking back weekly! Happy Crafting!!!
    xoxo Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, and great paper stack. DCWV paper is always so nice and heavy!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete