Thursday, February 24, 2011

Finding Inspiration

I had another craft date with 2 of my friends yesterday. One of my friends I will call J, has introduced me to "Make and Takes". What are these you ask? They are AWESOME that's what.  They are a lot of work for her to get together, but they are so fun. She designs something for us then teaches us how to make them. She made a really cute card for us to make. She had everything stamped and cut out for us. All we had to do was put it together. I absolutely love the style and shape of the card. I loved it so much that after she left I went and made another one with some of my favorite paper. Take a look at what we did. 
 Isn't this paper adorable?
 I FINALLY figured out something that has been driving me nuts. Every once in a while my paper will get an oily smudge on it. Especially dark solid papers.  I thought I had oily fingers...... I thought I was dirty...... I washed my hands constantly, but still kept getting these smudges. You can see if you look closely at the blue paper there is that smudge AGAIN, ugh! Well it finally dawned on me it's my glue! I use a liquid glue that I really like, but sometimes it gets on my finger and leaves these little smudges! Voile! So my tip of the year is use a dry tape roller for any of your dark solid papers! No more oily smudges.



Here is my version. I used one of my favorite packs from DCWV called The Far East stack.






The thing I love about this card design is that it is so unique you really don't need to embellish it all. All you really need is awesome paper, glue and a paper trimmer. Anyone can do this even a beginner.

I had a couple people asking for a tutorial. I took measurements of my card.
I just eyeballed mine from my friends, but I think it looks good so here you go.

Cut Base- 11 5/8"x 5 3/16" ( score along 11 5/8" at 4 1/2" and 9 3/4")
Cut 2 pieces at 5" x 1 3/4"
Cut 2 pieces at 5 1/8" x 1 3/4"
Cut  the 1 Folding inside piece at 9 9/16" x 5 1/8" (score along the 9 9/16" at 5 1/16")  On her card and mine we used the corner rounder punch on this piece and the liner.
Cut 1 liner piece (for writing on) at 5x 4 5/16". This is optional if you aren't using dark papers you probably don't need the liner. Although it does look pretty.
Cut 1 strip at 1/2"x 4 15/16.

That's it then assemble and glue. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

If I can inspire one person today I have done my job!
XOXO SugarGem

Don't forget to check out SugarGem's Facebook page and "like" it to get up to date posts! --------------->>>>>---------->>>>>>>>----->>>>>> over there!

3 comments:

  1. I AM LOVING THIS LENAE!! GORGEOUS DESIGN!! I also love that Far East paper! i have it an rarely use it! Might pick it back out and try something! Great card babe!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent variation on the cute make & take card project! I, too, love the Far East papers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice design, I think I will have to try this. I also have the Far East Stack and have never used it.

    ReplyDelete