Thursday, February 17, 2011

Craft Dates

I have met some of the nicest, most talented, kindest, giving, thoughtful people I have ever met in the scrapbooking community.  So many times in my life I didn't feel like I clicked with a group of people or friends. I can now say I have found my kinda peeps! Just meeting friends from the internet sounds strange to even me, but more and more people are making friends online.  It use to only be for dating, but now you can meet some wonderful friends over the internet.  Many of the wonderful women I have met unfortunately don't even live in my time zone, but strangely enough I have met one that only lives maybe a mile away.  And another maybe 20 min away.  It's such a small world.  One friend I met online we had spoke through email for a few months and finally had time to meet up for a craft day together. We exchanged addresses and I was in shock!  She was practically my neighbor! Here is one card I made with her. She had some really neat fibers I got to use some on the tag.  I really think that is what makes this card! I am really loving my craft dates and meeting my new friends. They all have such different yet fabulous ideas and we have such a great time. It's a fun way to get inspired!
Happy Birthday Card


I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentines Day.  I got the sweetest surprise from my new craft friend. I was just coming home from lunch and there was an adorable white gift bag with great big red hearts on it sitting on my door step.  I opened it up and found all kinds of treats! Take a look at what was inside!  Adorable oven mitts with cookie cutters, a super cute vellum style take out box filled with all kinds a Valentine goodies and the cutest card EVER! I was so touched I have never received a surprise like this from anyone! It made my whole day! She is so talented and sweet.




 If I can inspire just one person today I have done my job!
XOXO SugarGem

2 comments:

  1. Your card is amazing! I've meet some friends online as well, it is interesting talking and sharing ideas over the internet.
    your friend did great! I see lots of goodies there..that act of kindness is priceless..lucky you!
    TFS
    -BK

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! I am your girlfriend now!! Yeah us!! Yea, we live a world apart tho..but..some day, hopefully we can hang for a weekend...oh well..til then..I can visit you on here!! Great gift, lucky you and lucky friend!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete