Wednesday, February 2, 2011

$1 Bin Finds

First off I just want to say Hi to my new followers!
Do you look at the $1 bin at your local craft stores? Have you looked for craft ideas at the Dollar Tree? I DO!  Here is a card I made with some great finds in the $1 bins.  The Dollar Tree has some fabulous simple satin ribbon. I love using ribbon on my cards it adds a special touch. Michaels and Joanns gets seasonal mini clear stamp sets for a dollar. You have to be quick and look often, but if you are good you can find some CUTE mini sets for ONLY a dollar. Kraft paper is wonderful too because it adds great texture and is one of my favorites because it is HEAVY. Always on the search for heavy cardstock. It's another little obsession of mine. I have many you will come to find out!  I will share more of my favorite heavy cardstock soon so check back. 


Quick and Simple card.

Quick and Simple card supplies
I've had a few ladies ask me what embossing folder I used on this card well here you go girls it is from Sizzix. I found it at Michaels. 
The details:
Dollar bin stamps by Studio G from Joanns. Great buy because you get 3 YES 3 stamps for a buck.
White satin ribbon from the Dollar Tree.
Sizzix Heart embossing folder.
Kraft paper from the scrapbooking section of Joanns. Cheap Cheap Cheap with a coupon. Have I mentioned I love coupons?
The sentiment shape is a Spellbinder scallop die (the large set) with an oval I cut from SCAL  basic shapes on my Cricut.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Lenae,
    welcome to the blogger world. I had one too but I closed it. I will show my pictures only to selected people by a picasa album (for example you *gg*).
    Have fun and I will be constant reader.
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that card. Super cute.
    I'm a follower now...would love for you to follow me too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh I love that folder will have to keep my eyes open for that one TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darn I thought that hearts embossing folder was cuttlebug...I ordered one from cuttlebug, thought I was going to get that one!! Gonna, have to find the one you used it is awesome!! Very cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the embossing, adds that extra touch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just looked it up. That one is the lrg one in a 4 pack called 'love set'

    ReplyDelete